Friday, February 20, 2009

Peter Goldfield

Peter Goldfield 1998 - Photo by Pradip Malde
I have today sadly discovered that Peter Goldfield who ran photographic workshops at Duckspool in Somerset has died.

http://www.duckspool.com/

I attended two workshops at Duckspool the first when I was very fortunate to get a place on a Paul Caponigro workshop, and I was there again in 2000 for a Pradip Malde workshop.

The last time I saw Peter was in 2004 when I bought his remaining stock of Agfa’s long discontinued Record Rapid. Before Peter set up Duckspool he had made a comfortable living importing and selling Agfa B/W papers when Agfa withdrew from the UK market in the mid 1970’s. Peter was an early convert to digital and so he no longer had a use for the paper.

I have fond memories of my times with Peter at Duckspool and I extend my sympathy to his family and friends.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home