Monday, February 02, 2009

Snow

Hartsholme Park January 2009

Last night there was a warning on the local news of a strong possibility of heavy snowfall today. The recent winters have been so mild and snow free that I was excited about the prospect of getting out into the white stuff with a camera. Overnight I recharged my camera battery in preparation for lunchtime and after work photography excursions, and as if by divine intervention it started to snow as I set off to drive to work.

By the time I arrived at work I was in the middle of a full blown blizzard. Today parts of Britain have experienced the heaviest snowfall in 18 years, but sadly not in Grimsby. Within an hour of arriving at my office desk, the snow had stopped falling and by lunchtime the settled snow had vanished.

As I sit typing this I can hear the rain pounding on my window, yet only a few miles away snow is falling. I suppose there are benefits of living at sea level!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home