Saturday, October 18, 2008

Lessons Learned


Yesterday were the last really large tides of 2008, so I dragged my carcass out of bed at an ungodly hour and headed to Cleethorpes seafront to expose some film with the sunrise coinciding with high tide.

I set up my tripod on Brighton Slipway and then I struggled to attach my recently purchased Zone VI lightweight camera, to the tripod in the dim predawn light. My perseverance paid off and I completed the task, only to reach into my backpack for a suitable lens, to discover my backpack contained no lenses. Oh #!/* some idiot had not checked his camera gear before setting off.

I had to fallback on to using my DSLR and the image above is one of a sequence I took of the sunrise. As you can see it was an exceptional sunrise and I’m annoyed that I didn’t get to expose the 10x8 colour negative film I had earmarked for the occasion.

Lessons have been learned and I will check in advance of future shoots that my camera backpack is not missing any key items, and I will also be adding a small torch to my bag.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home