Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Caught my Attention - Corey Arnold

Kitty and Horse Fisherman

Living just a stones throw from the docks of a port, which once had the largest fishing fleet in the world, I can connect with Corey Arnold’s photographs of his time spent fishing at sea.

I have never experienced life on a trawler fishing the North Sea, like all of my mothers brothers did. The large fishing fleet of Grimsby has gone forever thanks to the European Unions strict fishing quotas. Fish is still landed and processed here, but far too few of the ships, fly the Union Jack.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Andy,

Just catching up with all the new postings on your blog. Interesting subjects and good to see you back with regular postings. One of these days I may start a blog too.

Colin

7:45 p.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home