Saturday, July 14, 2007

6 Months of Silence

Canon 24mm TSE


Good grief the best part of 6 months has passed since my last posting. So what has been happening during those months? Sorry to say nothing life changing.

Health wise I’m fine, though I keep getting niggling calf cramps, which is curtailing my running. This is annoying, as I love running during the hot summer months. Perhaps I should just hang up my trainers and accept I’m getting old, No way!

Work has been interesting following a joint raid by The Office of Fair Trading and the European Commission, a couple of months ago. At the same time our MD and Sales Director where arrested in Houston and charged with being part of a Cartel. We are currently being investigated by the two previously mentioned bodies along with the US Department of Justice.

This has taken me and my colleagues by total surprise and is having a huge impact on the business. If found guilty, people could end up receiving very long jail sentences and the company, or even our parent company a huge fine.

A neighbourhood renewal assessment is being carried out where my home is situated. The rumour is that my house along with the rest of my street could be demolished. I may well be looking at a Compulsory Purchase Order in the next couple of years.

My photography has been in hiatus but I have finally bought a digital single lens reflex camera (DSLR)



Canon 24mm TSE

Above is a photograph taken back in April when I visited with Pat and Colin in Hexham. Colin kindly let me use his Canon 5D digital camera, so that I could evaluate the Canon system. The photographs in this posting where taken with a Canon 24mm f3.5 T/S L lens, which is an exotic and versatile lens, which allows you to change the plane of focus, as can be seen in the accompanying photographs.


Canon 24mm TSE

In the end I chose not to go with the Canon system, but bought a stopgap Sony DSLR camera along with a couple of lenses off eBay. I will discuss how I’m adopting to digital and you will get to see my efforts in future postings.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home