Monday, October 16, 2006

Little Boy

Late last week I tweaked something in my back. I can’t think of anything in particular which has caused this painful affliction. I was just walking and then WHAM, my legs almost buckled, as I felt as though I had been punched in my lower back by Mike Tyson.

Since then I have had a gnawing pain in my lower back and I have been having trouble bending or getting to my feet from being sat. Although I had many things I wanted to do over the weekend, I decided to take things easy, hoping that some rest would be good for my back.

Fortunately for me my back has been much better today and the pain has almost disappeared, but it will be a few more days before I have enough confidence in my back to go for a run in the local woods.

Yesterday I received a summons from my Mother, she had cooked some baby beetroot and knowing that I’m partial to it, she had made sure that there was ample for my lunchtime sandwiches this week.

Jane 2005

I met up with my sister Jane and her Husband Les while at my Mum’s, and the usual humours banter took place, some of it at my expense. It’s a significant age birthday for me next year, and with my poorly back I was a broad target to aim at.

Les 2005

I seldom leave my mothers empty handed, out of her generosity and thoughtfulness she will have something for her little boy, even though I don’t normally need what she is giving me. I have towered above her since my early teens, but I will always be her little boy.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love ur blog and the pictures on it.

Helen

7:14 a.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home