Sunday, October 01, 2006

RIP Mandy

This blog has been coming for a long time and will feature my photographs, along with my thoughts on photography, well in fact anything which I want to air.

My original idea was to have a collaborative blog with my friend Caroline. I would provide the photographs taken with a digital camera and she would write accompanying poems. I’m still digital cameraless, but I will be getting one before the end of 2006, and we will then start our joint venture.

The catalyst that made this blog a reality was the untimely and unexpected death of a good friend, which has acted as a wake up call and made me realise just how precious and in some instances how short life is.

Mandy Jackson 1955 to 2006

Mandy was a friend to whom I used to give a lift to and from work. She was a kind and caring person who lived life to the full. I was her confidant, so she would tell me all of her secrets, well most of them. Her life was colourful and eventful, I’m sure some of the soap operas based a number of their story lines on Mandy’s experiences.

My own life has not been that great so far this year, at times I have been very low, but Mandy always had a hug and a smile for me. Mandy thank you for those hugs which I’m missing, and rest in peace.




Free Web Counter

Free Counter

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome yo blogland :) So sorry about your friend :( Keep ya chin up.

Jane (Brods)
xx

5:50 a.m.  
Blogger Dean Sherwood said...

Moving piece Andy... I hope the blogging works well for you. See you tomorrow night at Millfields (i'll be around somewhere until 9pm mate).

7:25 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the page, its very moving. Will keep it in faves.... sallyxx

7:53 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

helllooooo

checked out the blog dont kno much about the people mentioned on it but good idea. Will make reg appearances.... will have to meet up at some point... apologies for the lack of reg emails... hectic life at mo... one will be coming soon so brace yourself..! hope alls well

selina mwahxxx

2:33 p.m.  
Blogger Andrew Forrester said...

Hello City Girl Selina,

Great to hear from you, hope all is well for you & youre enjoying university life in London. Looking forward to receiving an email & lets catch up over a coffee if you can ever drag yourself back to sleepy Lincolnshire xxx

10:47 p.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home